Improving Your Chances of Winning in the Casino: An In-Depth Guide
Casinos are a matter of laying the odds. You either win or lose, but the chances are almost always 50-50.
Several factors affect the odds of winning in casinos, including mastery of the game, setting the right bet amount, and playing smart. All this will be well-spent if you include one crucial aspect: RESEARCH.
Like going to the gym, showing up in casinos is just half the battle. You must equip yourself with enough information before doing something you might regret later.
If improving your odds of winning in casinos is what you are after, this article touches on strategies, tips, and more to get you that W.
Highlights of the Article
- Knowing the game’s Return to Player (RTP) percentage will give you an advantage.
- Taking a 15-20 minutes break after every game will help you think clearly and strategize your next move.
- Stay within your budget. Whether you win or lose, take a break or call it a day.
- Slots, Baccarat, and Dice are some of the best games for starters.
- Some of the best slot games you can play are Blood Suckers, Medusa Megaways, White Rabbit, and more.
- Identifying the lowest house edge is a crucial strategy for a beginner.
- The more you play as a beginner, the higher the chance your opponents and the casino take advantage of that weakness.
- Time management and money management go handy when playing in a casino.
18 Tips on Improving Your Winning Odds in Casino
It’s all fun and games until you lose sight of your winnings and lose big time. This is just how the casino world works, and you need to remember the ins and outs.
The tips below give you an advantage over others and will also keep your finances and emotions in check. Here are 18 ways for you to improve your winnings in casinos:
1. Learn the Game Mechanics and Rules
Knowing the rules before you roll the dice or bet on a card will guide you with the best next step. Many online tutorials can help you understand the game you want to wager on.
2. Learn Basic Game Strategies
Understanding some tricks in casinos will allow you to make more intelligent decisions. Most games are heavily luck-based, and having some strategies up your sleeves won’t hurt anything.
Here are some useful basic game strategies you can take note of:
- Bet on games with the lowest house edge – this is helpful if you’re on a limited budget. The chances of winning are high, but the losses are manageable, making it easy to handle both aspects.
- Take it easy on slot games – they’re designed to be easy for the players but advantageous on the house. Set a betting amount and move to the next game quickly, regardless of the result.
- Place one bet – set a bet to a specific game, and if you win or lose, walk away. Expand your options and do the same by just placing one bet.
- Avail the free trial – if the game is unfamiliar, ask for a free trial. Some casinos offer this feature and let you decide whether it’s for you.
3. Learn Advanced Game Strategies
You don’t want to be a beginner forever. As you gamble more, you get to learn firsthand pro-level skills. Some casino games require skills and expertise to have higher chances of winning.
There are different strategies that you can learn. Strategies are numbers-based. Statistically, it may increase your chances of winning, but it doesn’t guarantee a 100% win.
Here are some key advanced game strategies you can take note of:
- Familiarize betting strategies – You don’t have to master them; you can study them and assess what works best for you. Some popular methods include the Martingale System, D’Alembert, and more.
- Set a time limit for each game – Even the best casino players set a limit for themselves when they play because they know that casinos are designed to be addictive and money-taker.
- Never play the same game twice – some games aren’t recommended to be played twice. If you don’t want anyone to predict your next move, play it once and move on.
Most tips point to adjusting habits. Gamblers employ other strategies, but some should not be practiced, such as counting cards, since it is considered a form of cheating by casinos due to its manipulative nature.
4. Set a Gambling Budget and Stick to It
One of the most critical skills in gambling is money management. You must know how much your budget is and make sure to stay within it. Setting a budget is setting the amount of money you are willing to lose.
5. Find the Best Games
Each game has different odds – research about RTPs and house edge. Identifying the “best” game can be a bit tricky. Don’t just look for games with better odds but also ones you will enjoy.
Here are some games you might want to consider:
- Black Jack
- Craps and Dice
6. Find the Best Machine
Whether you play on a commercial or online casino, slot machines give you the most options. From conventional slot machines to newer versions, the best ones keep you wanting to spin.
If you want to stay and enjoy longer, choose the ones with a low minimum wager; otherwise, go big or go home with slots with a higher minimum amount.
Here are some slot games with high Return-to-Player (RTP) percentages:
|White Rabbit Megaways
7. Find the Best Payouts
Imagine getting your win only to find out it does not meet the minimum withdrawal requirement. Before registering for a particular casino, find the ones without this stipulation.
When searching for the best payout casinos, consider the following:
- Withdrawal Methods – make sure it has your preferred and available withdrawal method. If none, consider creating an account.
- User Testimonials – you can find this on the casino’s website or forums like Reddit. This will help you consider which casino you want to play for.
- License – look for casinos that have the rights to determine if your country is among the banned countries from that specific license.
- Legitimacy – if you’re not convinced yet by the user testimonials, ask someone personally about the casino’s legitimacy and ask for help with the basics.
- Verification Methods – some casinos ask for IDs during registration/withdrawal, and others don’t. This depends on how comfortable you are sharing your personal information.
8. Study Return to Player (RTP) Percentages
RTP means odds are improved the more that you play in the casino. The RTP is a helpful metric to know how much you can take home and lose for a specific game.
For example, for a game with a 94% RTP, you can get $94 on average. The other $6 goes to the casino.
You must know this because it will make betting enjoyable and worry-free. You can find resources online about the RTP percentages for every casino game you want to play and keep a list.
9. Take Breaks
Our emotions always get the better of us most of the time. It’s so easy to get overjoyed when you’ve just won a big bet and depressed when you’ve lost a big one.
In every game, win or lose, take at least 15-20 minutes of break before you proceed. It helps you recharge and strategize, helping you deal with winnings and losses rationally.
Statistics reveal around 10 million gambling addicts in the US. Taking breaks might just help you avoid being a part of the stats.
10. Don’t Play While Intoxicated.
You don’t want to go home without anything, right? All because your alcohol intake was the one making decisions while playing.
Nothing good ever comes out while you’re intoxicated in any given situation. Better play while your mind is clear and sharp. You need this, especially for crucial moments.
11. Know When to Bet Less or Max
Do not go beyond your means. At the same time, do not go as low as the ground that you don’t get back what you’ve bet on.
As stated earlier, study the RTP percentages and base your betting amount there. This helps you to control your finances for a certain game.
12. Take Your Time, Pace Yourself!
Just because you’re winning in streaks does not mean you must keep going. Learn how to take a deep breath, stretch, and step back.
Not only will it help you to focus, but keep track of your winnings and losses as well. This way, you can choose to continue or call it a day.
13. Avoid House Games
As they say, “The house always wins.” In that case, who is losing? Games with lower house edges will be less likely to take your money through the basic mechanics.
Among the casino games, Baccarat has the lowest house edge, while Keno has the lowest..
14. Play One-On-One Against the Dealer
Playing heads-on with the dealer in Blackjack limits the variables of the game. It is the best option if you aim to bag as many prizes as possible.
With an empty table, the game moves faster. Hence, you can win faster too.
15. Don’t Fall for Gambling Myths or Betting Systems
“Gambling is a fast-money-making machine” or “Slots Run on Cold and Hot Streaks” are just some gambling myths or betting systems you need to eliminate.
Always remember that gambling is a game of fate, luck, and patience. There is science behind everything, including the games you’re playing and your gaming habits.
16. Identify Poor Dealers
This strategy, known as “card holing,” gives you a 6%-9% edge over the house. Clumsy dealers tend to commit mistakes like flashing their face-down cards by accident.
Although legal, you must be discreet, as casinos can kick you out because of this strategy.
17. Stop Chasing Losses
As they say, once is enough, and twice is too much. Thrice is already a pattern. If you’re consecutively losing every bet, the wisest thing to do is to stop and try again sometime.
It won’t always be your day, and that’s okay. What’s not okay is if you keep playing just to get back what you’ve lost, you’ve ended up none or, worse, bankrupt.
18. Walk Away After a Win
It’s easy to continue playing after a huge win. Your friends might persuade you to capitalize on your wins. However, the odds of losing the next game is high.
After a win, whether big or small, just walk away. You are not only keeping your dopamines at bay but also making it a habit to set a limit for yourself.
What are the Odds of Winning in the Casino
Each casino has different win probabilities. How you succeed is based on luck, your skills, and your mindset.
There are factors that you need to consider that affect the probability of winning the pot: “House Edge” and “Return to Player (RTP).”
House Edge is the gross profit casinos expect in each game. A casino’s edge is vital to how it makes money, and knowing that its revenue reaches around $21 billion, the House Edge has much to do with that.
For example, an American roulette with double zeros has a 5.26% house edge. It means the casino earns around 50K for every million players bet, and players win the remaining 950K.
RTP represents the same concept as House Edge, “The house always wins.” The only difference is its calculation.
Based on the previous example, if American roulette with double zeros has a 5.25% house edge, it has an RTP of 94.75%. Or the 950K that is “returned to players” through prizes.
Here are examples of prominent casino games and their RTP and House edge:
|94% to 97%
|3% to 6%
If you love playing Roulette, read our guide on how to improve your Roulette odds.
The Deal Breaker
Skill and luck are the winning combinations in casino games. Your strategies are only as good as how lucky you are that day.
Never think that casino games are in your favor. Remember that casinos are businesses, after all. They will entice you to continue gambling and make you feel good until you realize that you already lost all your money.
The tips above are just a guide but won’t guarantee winning. You should research and master the games you want to play and, most importantly, gamble responsibly and don’t forget to enjoy.
What are the best odds of winning slots?
Some slot machines offer up to 99% RTP. Research slot machines and choose those with at least 96% RTP.
Do casinos choose who wins?
Casinos can set your odds of winning but cannot choose who wins or loses.
What casino wins the most?
Blackjack, Craps, Baccarat, and Roulette give you the best odds of winning among all casino games.
Is there a secret to winning at the casino?
There is no hack to guarantee your win in casinos. Even the most experienced gamblers have bad days and still lose.