As his countrymen like to call him, the Joker, or Nole, has been a dominating force in the world of men’s professional tennis for almost two decades.
That’s why all sports fans will likely want to know some of the most exciting Novak Djokovic career stats. With that in mind, we’ve prepared a detailed list that should adequately sum up Nole’s whole career. Who knows — even his biggest fans might learn something new!
Novak Djokovic Career Stats 2021
The stats most fans typically want to know are usually related to significant tennis tournament titles the player has won, so here’s a complete list:
|Type of Tournament||Finals Played||Wins||Losses||Winning Rate|
|Grand Slam tournaments||28||18||10||0.64|
|ATP Masters 1000||52||36||16||0.69|
|ATP Tour 500||17||14||3||0.82|
|ATP Tour 250||13||9||4||0.69|
Naturally, out of all of these Novak Djokovic stats, the Grand Slams are most important, not just because of the prestige but also because of the number of points they bring.
Djokovic has won a total of 18 Grand Slams, which puts him in third place in the Open era, right after Federer and Nadal, who have won 20 titles each. (ATP Tour)
Here’s a breakdown of all vital Novak Djokovic Grand Slams:
|Tournament||Games Played||Games Won||Games Lost||Win %||Titles||Runner Up|
Naturally, it’s not all about the Grand Slams, and there are many other Novak Djokovic career stats you should know about.
Year-End Championship Djokovic Career Statistics
The next tournaments in line are Year-End Championships, or the ATP Finals, in which Nole has been a finalist a total of seven times from 2008 to 2018.
- He won five times, three of which were games against Roger Federer. (ATP Tour)
- He lost two times, once in 2016 to Andy Murray and once in 2018 to Alexander Zverev. (ATP Tour)
ATP Masters 1000 Stats
After Djokovic’s grand slam stats, we should look at his ATP Masters performance. These tournaments are almost as crucial regarding the prestige and the number of points they bring to players.
|Tournament||Titles Won||Runner up|
|Indian Wells Masters||5||1|
- According to the Djokovic career stats from the ATP, in 2015, Djokovic set a record by winning the most titles, six of them, and most finals played, eight of them, for a single season. (ATP Tour)
- In 2018, Nole became the first player in history to win all Masters tournaments (Career Golden Masters). In 2020, he became the first to win all of them twice, setting one of the more impressive athletic records in the sport. (ATP Tour)
Notable Novak Djokovic Career Stats and Records vs. Other Players
Nole has many impressive accomplishments under his belt after winning so many crucial tournaments and setting numerous records. However, what most of us want to know is how well he played against his main rivals.
- The latest Djokovic vs. Federer career stats say that the better player is Djokovic, as the two played each other a staggering 50 times. Novak bested Roger in 27 matches, which gives him a win percentage of 54% against the Swiss maestro. (ATP Tour)
- As for Rafael Nadal, he is Djokovic’s main rival, as Nole played against him more than against any other player, a total of 56 times. However, the Serbian juggernaut has also won 29 of those 56 matches, which gives him a win percentage of 52%. (ATP Tour)
- According to the latest Djokovic vs. del Potro career stats, Djokovic has played a total of 20 matches against the famous Argentinian tennis pro, and he won 16. This gives him a considerable win percentage (80%). (ATP Tour)
- Novak has the worst win percentage (0%) against Marat Safin. However, old Novak Djokovic career statistics tell us that they only played two times a long time ago. Safin is retired now, which is probably why Nole never had a chance to win. (ATP Tour)
Novak Djokovic Career Win Percentage Stats
We’ve already learned that Nole has won an impressive number of titles. He also has excellent winning percentages in significant tournaments and contributed to tennis by improving its overall sport viewership statistics. With that said, there a few other impressive stats you’ll want to know:
- He has won 943 matches in his career and lost 192 as of February 2021. This gives Djokovic a career winning percentage of 83.08%. (ATP Tour)
- The pandemic-ridden year was still a good one for Nole, at least when we look at the Djokovic win–loss record for 2020. He won 41 matches and lost only 5, which gives him a win percentage of 89.1%. (ATP Tour)
- His wildest year was 2015, when he won a total of 82 matches, the most since he started playing professionally. What’s more, he lost only six times. (ATP Tour)
How many matches has Djokovic won in his career?
Djokovic has won a total of 943 matches by the time of writing this piece.
How long has Djokovic been number one?
Djokovic has been Number 1 on the ATP Rankings list for a total of 311+ weeks at the time of writing, which is a new record.
He was only a week away from breaking Federer’s historical record of 310. The ATP confirmed that Nole was sure to surpass Federer and become the player who spent the most weeks as Number 1 in the ATP history.
How much is Novak Djokovic worth?
According to the latest statistics from 2021 dealing with Novak Djokovic, the net worth of this unique player amounts to $220 million.
What’s more, he holds the record for highest all-time earnings from tournament prize money, as he has earned $145 million since becoming a pro player in 2003.
(Celebrity Net Worth)
The Bottom Line
So there you have it, all the essential Novak Djokovic career stats you should know about in 2021. It was a long ride for Nole, and he has made some incredible progress and won hundreds of matches and dozens of major titles.
All of this clearly shows why he is the Number 1 tennis player of all time, and we wish him even more success in the years to come!